Optimize strong business, organizational, scheduling, communication flow and marketing experience in a project management role for a dynamic organization.
February 2008 – Present: K2 Connectivity, Business Management, Trusted Advisor, Marketing
Clients include high net worth clients and their related businesses: Dr. & Mrs. Thornwell H. Parker III, Skin Cancer Consultants, Elevate Medical Spa, Estess Ventures, Dr. Robert Hughes PhD, The Elisa Project, Boulder Ideas, Buzz Free Proms
- Oversaw financial aspects of income generation for The Elisa Project’s fundraiser featuring Monica Seles with 650 attendees. Event raised $209K for program support.
- Created marketing strategies and distributed press releases for Boulder Ideas’ move into Texas market from Colorado.
- Interfaced with clients’ CPAs, attorneys and private bankers to provide reporting and documentation.
- Coordinated contractors and managed $1M construction budget for improvements and additions to estate. Organized move of three estates to new and various locations.
- Managed cash flow and liquid/non-liquid asset accounts for clients including responsibility for accounts payable and receivable.
- Established office procedures for three offices and implemented use of appropriate financial management software.
- Supervised development of websites and implemented marketing databases for psychology business.
May – September 2011: Project Manager
TESTED: How Twelve Wrongly Accused Men Held onto Hope
- Managed four-month publishing deadline interfacing with author, Dallas County District Attorney, Federal Government officials and project investor. Scheduled interviews and recordings. Oversaw delivery of interim work product of writers, editors, designer, and photographers to meet deadlines.
- Managed national and local publicists in launch strategy and writing press releases.
- Identified, coordinated and secured required legal releases and contractual agreements from 26 individuals featured in the book. Required interfacing with multiple agencies, individuals and law officials.
- Managed $125K budget to hire editor, publisher, photographers and publicists. Created, monitored and adjusted budget scenarios to meet deadline and keep book pricing at $20 CPU.
- Developed and implemented marketing and distribution strategies.
- Managed logistics for book launch party with 450 attendees and 500 invitees.
January 2004 – December 2006: Independent Office and Business Manager
Clients included Z Projects, Inc., LandAmerica Commonwealth Title (Fee Attorney Office), Buzz Free Prom
- Worked with business owner to develop marketing and supporting plans due to 40% increase sales in one year.
- Responsible for billings, accounts receivables, accounts payable and payroll.
- Established procedures for time tracking, expenses, invoices, etc.
- Presented new procedures to staff and managed compliance.
- Assisted in outsourcing HR and accounting processes, including hiring firms.
- Managed all tax documentation and deadlines with CPA.
- Managed staff, contractors and vendors through tight deadline and successfully met not-for-profit’s $20K budget limitation.
- Researched cost of goods and services and identified target markets to determine pricing structure for Buzz Free Prom kits.
- Produced Buzz Free Prom kits for sale at high schools nationwide.
April 2003 – December 2004 YWCA of Metropolitan Dallas: Marketing Manager
- Assisted Executive Director in implementing significant changes in service with area YWCAs.
- Developed and oversaw all corporate marketing pieces and corporate PR messages to communicate phasing out programs.
- Created the concept for YWCA newsletter for six branch directors to communicate with their members. Targeted members in need of childcare to increase revenue and provide a much needed affordable service to low-income women.
- Designed template to easily target and format articles.
- Oversaw branch managers’ article writing, production schedules and distribution to 600 members of monthly newsletter.
- Developed yearly marketing calendar.
June 1992 – July 2007 Head Bank Freelance Advertising, Inc.: Owner & President
- Created concept for and built $1M business offering freelance advertising support services.
- Built, developed and promoted a consortium of 21 creative directors, copywriters, art directors and web site designers.
- Designed, developed and delivered three to six custom promotions per year targeting major advertising agencies.
- Managed about 300 projects for 25 companies per year. Responsible for negotiated estimates, timeline and payment.
April 1992 – May 1993 The McCann Company: Artist Agent
- Represented national photographers such as Stewart Cohen and Andy Vracin and national illustrators such as Chris Payne and Joe Spensor.
- Annually pulled together all major competing Dallas rep firms to co-host Christmas party inviting over 1,000 guests.
November 1984 – March 1992 – The Richards Group: Account Supervisor
- Memorex account
– Developed strategies for new product line introductions.
– Planned and oversaw production of national consumer and trade print campaigns.
– Assisted in concepting corporate multi-product network television campaign.
- TGI Friday’s account:
– Managed $6 million budget.
– Supervised planning, presentation and execution of annual national broadcast campaign.
– Developed quarterly promotional campaigns and managed creative development and production.
– Identified remedial markets and created marketing plans.
– Responsible for and reported advertising and sales results.
- Dallas Children’s Advocacy Center account:
– Worked with client to prioritize center’s needs against $20K budget.
– Narrowed information to focus on key communication for fundraising brochures.
– Rallied vendors to provide low or no cost services and products.
- Texas Department of Health account:
– Won state government contract for two years for the AIDS prevention campaign.
– Managed five competing creative teams in television/print conception through production.
– Ensured compliance with all contractual obligations to fulfill state requirements.
- Other accounts included: Radio Advertising Bureau, Dallas Times Herald, Decker Food Company and select new business solicitations.
January – April 1996 U.S. Senator John McCain: Internship, Phoenix, Arizona
- Resolved constituent grievances with federal agencies.
- Disseminated information to the Senator’s staff on the progress/implementation of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
- Assisted in the organization and participation in several Arizona state conferences for further education regarding Immigration Reform and Control Act.
2015 Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
Certificate, Digital Communications and Social Media, Advanced Social Media Marketing, Analytics and Monitoring
May 1987 American Graduate School of International Management, Thunderbird Campus, Phoenix, AZ
Master of Business Administration
January – June 1985 UNIVERSITY OF GRANADA, Granada, Spain
Post Graduate Study – Advanced Spanish language, politics and economics
May 1984 UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN, Bachelor of Arts, Austin, Texas
• Major in Spanish, minor in History
• Member of Sigma Delta Phi-International Spanish Honor Society
January – September 1982 UNIVERSITY OF VALENCIA; Valencia, Spain
Study abroad – Spanish language, culture and history
2014-Present – Master Naturalist, Dallas, Texas
2006-PRESENT – Boy Scouts of America, Dallas, Texas
Adult leader and merit badge counselor BSA Troop #838, Cub Master Pack #124
2010-2012 – Austin Street Shelter, Dallas, Texas
Supervise scouts and participate in meal preparation and service for 500 homeless men, women and children
2009-2012 – SPCA, Dallas, Texas
Volunteer animal foster care
Yoga Teacher Certificate, Dallas, Texas
Dallas County Herbarium, Dallas, Texas