Elevate Branding Study
“We Leveraged an Existing Business to Create a Stunning Second Brand.”
– Kristi Kerr Leonard,
In 2010, an internationally recognized Mohs Skin Cancer and Plastic Surgeon expanded his practice to include a second group of products and services that focused on skin cancer recovery and prevention.
In five years, both arms of the practice – Skin Cancer Consultants and Skincepts — had evolved to the extent that additional office space was critical to future growth. Moreover, the evolution of Skincepts to include cosmetic surgery and new pre-cancer treatment technology suggested new opportunity and the need for a new name.
As a consultant reviewing both product lines, re-envisioning the physician’s dual practices resulted in establishment of two stand-alone brands — the existing Skin Cancer Consultants and the new Elevate Medical Spa.
- A business plan outlined an agency selection process that winnowed 17 digital agencies to one that was the best fit for physician and team.
- The Elevate brand project included primary and secondary market research, logo development, design of website and social sites, photo shoots, SEO/SEM strategy and launch plan for two separate audiences –medical community and current/new patients.
- The rebranding of Skin Cancer Consultants encompassed website and social media redesign, logo redesign and internal marketing so that both the skin cancer and cosmetic practices doctors and nurses could refer patients as appropriate and work in both offices.
- Other services provided to the practices involved management of the agency relationship, acquisition of patient testimonials, coordination of physician and team with interior designer, photographers and independent contractors for signage, specialty items and strategic spa launch event planning/execution.
Implementation of an aggressive multi-channel marketing plan focusing on digital media and SEO/SEM produced impressive results that lifted market share and patient satisfaction.
- Revenue for both practices increased 113 percent over the two-year period (2015-2017), with Elevate growing by more than 40 percent each year.
- Cross-referral between practices showed 20 percent of Skin Cancer Consultants patients utilizing Elevate Medical Spa.
Native Plants and Prairie Day
Native Plants and Prairie Day Case Study
Watch the Power Point Presentation to see how Kristi built and executed the entire social media presence for “Native Plants and Prairies Day” a 1,600 person event hosted by North Texas Master Naturalist.
“Case Study: Native Plants and Prairies Day”, recounting how the event planning committee built and executed entire social media presence for the 1,600-person event at the Bath House Cultural Center at White Rock Lake in Dallas, Texas. Also developed a class and presentation for the Texas Master Naturalists State Conferences in Conroe and Corpus Christi, Texas.
Smoke Signals Case Study
At the Texas Master Naturalist State Conferences, Kristi gives interactive presentations on how to reach and resonate with our earth’s future stewards with Social Media. It’s cleverly entitled “Smoke Signals: Reaching our Youth”, as smoke signals were the ‘social media’ of our Native Indians. Kristi also teaches basics of Social Media and how to develop an internet presence to individual chapters. See below!
“Smoke Signals: Reaching our Youth”, as smoke signals were the ‘Social Media’ of our Native Indians. Taught at the Texas Master Naturalist State Conferences in Conroe and Corpus Christi, Texas.